I know many of you are FilmConvert fanatics so I wanted to make sure you're aware of this new development. If you are a FilmConvert fan, please be sure to tell us all about your experiences in the planet5D forum
Wellington, New Zealand, April 8, 2013
Today sees the release of Rubber Monkey Software's latest update to its' FilmConvert digital film emulation tools. Extending the ability of filmmakers to deliver accurate, quick film looks for their projects, this release includes a significant new set of camera profiles. With specific support for the GoPro Hero3, and the Black Magic Cinema Camera, the new profiles also include additional custom picture styles for the Canon DSLR range of cameras.
“We're hugely excited to be able to give filmmakers support for cameras like the Black Magic Cinema Camera. FilmConvert complements these remarkable technologies, giving filmmakers more choice and flexibility to explore their creative vision.” said Lance Lones, head of research and development at Rubber Monkey Software, “The only curious problem that we experienced with the BMCC, was that everyone wanted to use it, so it was quite hard to keep in the lab for any length of time.”
“We were also hugely impressed with the simplicity and capability of the GoPro Hero3,” Lones continued, “even though that very same simplicity required us to invent an all new profiling methodology, as the camera would adjust itself underneath us.”
The full new profiles and features list includes:
* Black Magic Cinema Camera – full profile support, in both Film and Video modes.
* GoPro Hero3 – full profiles for Standard, ProTune, and ProTune raw modes.
* Canon 5D Mark II and Mark III full individual camera profiles, including the EOS standard, Technicolor Cinestyle, Flaat 11, Marvels Cine, Prolost, VisionColor and VisionTech02 built in and custom picture styles.
* Canon 7D / 60D profiles, with all the custom picture styles seen with the Canon 5D
As always, for current license holders, the new profiles and current update are completely free of charge.
The FilmConvert technology is available as a standalone application, with plugin versions also available for Adobe Photoshop, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere, Sony Vegas, Final Cut X and Final Cut Pro 7. Individual items are priced at $199, with a full bundle of all the plugins and standalone available for $299.
About Rubber Monkey Software:
Rubber Monkey Software is a Wellington, New Zealand based purveyor of fine motion picture software technology. The company is comprised of experts from the worlds of post-production, special visual effects, gaming, and web services, and aims to develop professional, yet easy to use technology for filmmakers and photographers.
(cover photo credit: snap from the video)
Latest posts by planetMitch (see all)
- The Great Movidiam Studio Tour Promo Video – Worth a Watch! - February 22, 2018
- Get 15% OFF on DitoGear Products! - February 19, 2018
- AIR in MOTION Proof of Concept by Vincent Laforet - February 8, 2018