If you're looking for one book to buy about using a DSLR for making movies, the DSLR Filmmaker's Handbook would be my choice. While a late to the HDSLR book market, this one feels to me like the most complete… and I have seen just about all of them. It is written by Barry Andersson and Janie L. Geyen. They, by the way, were co-producers with me on the “Incident on Marmont Avenue” short that we shot on the Canon EOS 5D Mark III last spring (gosh has it been almost a year already?).
Now, I do have to post a disclaimer… Barry is a good friend of mine so that could be clouding my decision just a tiny bit… but I really do think this is an excellent book!
direct link to the book on Amazon (note it is an affiliate link!). There, you can read some sample sections of the book.
daily planet5D #57 – DSLR Filmmaker's Handbook
Here's how to get all the episodes:
- planet5D youtube channel
- planet5D audio RSS feed
- Subscribe to daily planet5D (audio only) by Email
- planet5D audio only on iTunes
- planet5D on blip.tv
Don't forget! You can get this as an audio only file: daily planet5D audio #57
|Comment on this story in the new planet5D forums|
(cover photo credit: snap from the book cover)
Latest posts by planetMitch (see all)
- Disney and Redrock Micro Collaborate to Bring New Technologies to Market - March 16, 2018
- Panasonic EVA1 vs Canon C200 – Camera Shootout 2018 - March 13, 2018
- Photographer Accused of Stealing an Image Discovers That Both He and the Other Photographer Captured the Exact Millisecond in Time - March 8, 2018