Rigwheels DIY gear
RigWheels has just released an array of new products (watch the video below for info on all of them!) and tools designed for moving and mounting your camera in unique and versatile ways.
Previously known as a DIY only tool, RigWheels new assortment offers complete flexibility in allowing you to scale your solution from DIY to complete system. The key benefit to this new system is in how the various parts can be interchanged and configured into different types of dollies, sliders, and mounts.
One of the most interesting and original items in the line is the RigMount, a high-powered rare-earth magnet with surprising strength in mounting applications for video as well as still photography.
RigWheels has managed to turn a few simple, well thought out parts into a very versatile and capable system at an affordable price.
It’s been an exciting 18 months for us since we launched RigWheels. We’ve seen enthusiastic customers designing and building camera movement rigs in more than 65 countries. RigWheels of course started as a DIY dolly solution. Moving forward we will continue showing people how to build DIY options but we are now happy to offer complete solutions for customers.
New product video
Here again are the weekly winners:
- Week 1 RigWheels Kit 4 Brian Douglas
- Week 2 RigWheels RigSkate: Justin Leyba
- Week 3 RigWheels RigMount X: Peter Kent!
- Week 4 RigWheels Kit 8: Jared Turinsky
|Disclaimer: they are planet5D sponsors but we don’t publish this news just because they’re sponsoring us (see more on our eithics page). We publish gear news because our users have asked us to let them know when we find things that may help them improve their shooting. If you’re a gear maker and would like us to publish your HDSLR related products, please contact planet5D|
(cover photo credit: snap from the site)
Latest posts by planetMitch (see all)
- Olympus Air, Gopro lenses, Audio gear and more: DSLR FILM NOOB podcast with planetMitch - February 23, 2015
- More on the new RØDE NTG4 and RØDELink - February 20, 2015
- USB 3.1, Flextilt, lenses, Sliders and more on DSLR Film Noob Podcast with planetMitch - February 16, 2015