FocusMaker is another entry in the inexpensive (this one is $89) follow focus market arrived in our inbox this morning. We're looking forward to trying this out.
Have a look at our earlier coverage of some other follow focus units “daily planet5D #31 – inexpensive follow focus”
FocusMaker™ is an invaluable focusing tool for any DSLR filmmaker.
It serves both as a simple and easy to use follow focus system, as well as a device for making long travel rack focusing consistent, smooth and fast at very high accuracy. It fits on virtually any DLSR lens and provides unmatched accurate overview of your focus points. Its flexible ergonomics allow smooth operation with less fatigue and camera jitter. [tentblogger-vimeo 52381597]
FocusMaker's – follow focus benefits include:
- Simplicity… It attaches and removes in a snap. No need for heavy rigs or other gear
- Control… Easy to manage from behind the camera with a clear and accurate view
- Precise… Connects directly to your lens – no gears or coupling – highly accurate end stops
- Portable… Ultra lightweight, bring it anywhere
- Independence… No crew or gear needed – go by yourself
- Affordable… The most affordable tool to achieve highly accurate repeatable rack focus
- Flexibility… It fits just about any DSLR lens on any camera
More info[tentblogger-vimeo 52379116]
FocusMaker @ NorthSails
An example of using focus shifts in the storytelling, while filming some of the craftsmanship at the worlds largest sail-maker.
It is captured using only a very simple setup, with a camera, a tripod, and a FocusMaker™.
|Disclaimer: these guys are not a planet5D sponsor. (see more on our eithics page). We publish gear news because our users have asked us to let them know when we find things that may help them improve their shooting. If you're a gear maker and would like us to publish your HDSLR related products, please contact planet5D|
(cover photo credit: snap from the video)
Latest posts by planetMitch (see all)
- Free Soloing El Capitan – A bit about how they filmed it - February 18, 2019
- Camera & Flask – Great Filmmaking Podcast - February 18, 2019
- Boycott the Oscars ** UPDATED – We Won - February 15, 2019