Apple released a new version of FCPX yesterday (along with a slew of new products) and this version includes many features – including REDCODE support.
The question remains – how many people has Apple lost to the likes of Avid and Adobe in the process of getting FCPX to a place where it is usable by editing professionals? We’ve posted a poll down below!
New features in FCPX
- Expand multichannel audio files directly in the timeline for precise editing of individual audio channels
- Unified import window for transferring media from both file-based cameras and folders of files
- Redesigned Share interface for exporting projects and range selections to one or more destinations
- RED camera support with native REDCODE RAW editing and optional background transcode to Apple ProRes
- MXF plug-in support that allows you to work natively with MXF files from import through delivery using third-party plug-ins
- Dual viewers, each with a video scope display, let you compare shots to match action and color
- Option to add chapter markers in the timeline for export to video files, DVD, and Blu-ray disc
- Range selection now preserves start and end points in the Event Browser and allows you to create multiple range selections on a single clip
- Paste attributes window lets you choose specific effects to copy between clips
- Flexible Clip Connections allow you to keep Connected Clips in place when slipping, sliding or moving clips in the Primary Storyline
- Add a freeze frame to your timeline with a single keystroke
- Drop shadow effect with intuitive onscreen controls to adjust position, edge falloff, angle, and more
- New controls for combining audio from multiple angles within a Multicam Clip
- Compound Clip creation in the timeline now saves the clip in the Event Browser for re-use in other projects
- XML 1.2 featuring metadata import and export for richer integration with third-party apps
So, what editing tool(s) are you using?Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.
(cover photo credit: snap from the Apple site)
Latest posts by planetMitch (see all)
- Win a $1,350 DitoGear™ Spinn360 on planet5D! - December 22, 2014
- SpeedLooks Version 4 Shows its True Colors - December 18, 2014
- Monopods rock! So how does the MogoPod Monopod compare to market leaders? - December 10, 2014