The LitePad Loop by Roscoe, is a continuous light in a circular shape which you mount around your camera's lens – giving a very even light that you can use for photography or video – especially nice for things like fashion and glamor photography, music videos, macro photography etc. The LitePad Loop is unusual because it is continuous. Most “ring lights” are flash units and don't give this gorgeous continuous light that the LitePad Loop does.
In this daily planet5D, we do an unboxing, some sample videos as well as our feedback.
daily planet5D #36 – Litepad Loop
• beautiful continuous light source – better than a flash because what you see is what you get.
• I loved the magnetic attachments – simple to use
• colored gels add flexibility
• can be portable if you want with the battery pack
• Can be heavy for hand holding
• i didn't care for the battery attachment – but putting that in the pocket makes more sense anyway
• because it is continuous, you need to be attached to power – but comes with extension cord or battery pack
Purchase on B&H: planet5d.com/loop
Here's how to get all the episodes:
- planet5D youtube channel
- planet5D audio RSS feed
- Subscribe to daily planet5D (audio only) by Email
- planet5D audio only on iTunes
- planet5D on blip.tv
Don't forget! You can get this as an audio only file: daily planet5D audio #36
|Disclaimer: these guys are not a planet5D sponsor but they did let us try out the LitePad Loop for a couple of weeks and paid for shipping. (see more on our eithics page). We publish gear news because our users have asked us to let them know when we find things that may help them improve their shooting. If you're a gear maker and would like us to publish your HDSLR related products, please contact planet5D|
(cover photo credit: snap from the podcast)