Is finally here, the review of the Spinlight 360 flash modification system in the daily planet5D episode #32 – The Spinlight 360 (see their website) is a fabulous little flash attachment that does so much more than any other flash modifier on the market. Not to mention this is the only one I've seen with a black flag modifier. It is really hard to find anything negative to say about this device is so cool. Tho it is $149 (on the B&H page) for the Extreme kit (there is a basic kit, but why not spend the extra and get the full kit?), you'll find that it is well worth the money if you do much flash photography.
Plus, it is proudly made in the USA!
daily planet5D #32 – the spinLight 360 flash modifier[tentblogger-youtube -6BSo6Rows8]
- The best flash modifier on the market that I've found
- the bounce options are amazing – including the only black bounce I've seen on the market
- the Extreme package includes color gels (but could have more)
- huge variety of ways of creating/modifying light – can't think of a system that has more
- good construction (tho it is plastic) – not likely to break easily
- if you use the on-board flash on your camera – stop! Try this out and you'll never go back
- about the only thing I wish it had is a little bag to carry all the bits in
- it is more expensive than many other flash modifiers, but it has so much more flexibility that it is worth it.
- It would be nice to have more options in the colored gels too
Here's how to get all the episodes:
- planet5D youtube channel
- planet5D audio RSS feed
- Subscribe to daily planet5D (audio only) by Email
- planet5D audio only on iTunes
- planet5D on blip.tv
Don't forget! You can get this as an audio only file: daily planet5D audio #32
(cover photo credit: snap from the podcast)
Latest posts by planetMitch (see all)
- EOS Canon EOS C500 Mark II Storms on to the Professional Video Market - September 5, 2019
- the 5DayDeal Video Creator's Bundle is HERE! - June 7, 2019
- It is all about story - June 6, 2019