MAT BOX Prime Circle Press Release
MAT BOX Prime Circle is an innovative project designed for videomakers and filmmakers shooting with still-photo and cine-mod lenses!
The MAT BOX system offers some features that other matte-boxes cannot afford like a complete interface mounting system for every still lens on the market and the innovative Sliding Base that compensates the “focus breath” or extreme zoom extensions when changing the lens focal. The lens extension just push-pulls the MAT BOX that goes for a smooth ride on the 15mm rods.
No frustration any more to adjust the matte-box position for every different shot!: The MAT BOX follows the lens extensions sliding on the smooth sliding base. Also there is no weight loaded onto the front of the lens that can damage the focus thread!
Designed and built by experienced cinematography technicians focusing on the filmmakers that cannot afford too expensive “prime lenses” and high-end cinematography accessories, but though they need a clear perception of quality when shooting.
MAT BOX features a 95mm Ultra-Thin mounting ring, a complete range of threaded rings for every still-photo lens, two filter stages 4″X 4″ and 4″ X 5.65″ (one full rotating stage), compact french flag with “velcro” extensions for better storage and side barn doors.
The inside of the rayshade has a special low-pile RPK surface treatment (radiosity pollution killer) that absorbs well over 99% of visible light effective at all angles of incidence. How works? Image contrast suffers when stray light reaches the focal plane. Even the best flat (matte) paint reflects about 5% of the light that strikes it, and more when viewed at high angles of incidence!
Now with the RPK surface treatment the light control is at the best! A matte-box that's really matte!
The innovative Sliding Base concept
Still-photo lenses are successfully used by videomakers and filmmakers, that can finally reach the “cinematic look” with modern perfoming cameras.
The front focus and zoom barrel extensions of still-photo lenses was the biggest limitation to use professional matte-boxes in a handiness way, before the distance between the lens and the matte-box had to be adjusted for every shot.
Now the MAT BOX Sliding Base offers a great production improvement!
The locking knob on the slider can be used also to lock the focus point when needed for multiple shots or “looking down” shots.
The MAT BOX Sliding Base works on every 15mm rods system on the market.
price range from USD 1149,00 / Euro 919,00 wolrdwide shipment included!
MAT BOX Prime Circle Highlights!
– designed and manufactured by experienced cinematographers!
– innovative Sliding Base to compensate still-photo lens and zooms breath.
– no weight loaded onto the front of the lenses (no focus barrel thread wearing)
– High End precision manufacturing (CNC machined from billet aluminum)
– two filter slots 4×4″ / 4×5.65″
– one rotating slot 4×4″ / 4 x 5.65″ for polarizers and grad filters
– RPK (radiosity pollution killer) low-pile treatment of the rayshade for extreme light control (more than 99%)
– complete system of adapter rings and accessories for most of the still-photo lenses on the market
– compact french flag with “velcro” extensions for better storage
– adjustable side barn doors (side wings)
|Disclaimer: they are planet5D sponsors but we don't publish this news just because they're sponsoring us (see more on our eithics page). We publish gear news because our users have asked us to let them know when we find things that may help them improve their shooting. If you're a gear maker and would like us to publish your HDSLR related products, please contact planet5D|
(cover photo credit: snap from the announcement)
Latest posts by planetMitch (see all)
- Scoutt – A Worldwide Platform for Location Scouting for Your Photo/Video Shoot - October 16, 2017
- The Syrp Giveaway Winners Have Been Drawn! - October 13, 2017
- Who Won the Kupo Sweepstakes? - October 13, 2017