Digital Convergence Episode 88
Some of the topics we discuss:
- How should a filmmaker approach the selection of music for their film?
- What is “nat” sound and why is it an important part of telling your story?
- When should I use music, and when should I not use music?
- Should I use a top 40 song in my soundtrack?
- How do I draw attention to my story with music – without the music becoming the “star”?
- What approach should I take during editing when I'm not sure what music will be used?
- How do I avoid fatigue in listening to the same music over and over in an edit session?
- Why can I not simply use a song from my iTunes library for a commercial or event job?
- Where can I get music that is fresh and original without paying thousands of dollars?
- Why and how did With Etiquette come to be?
- How is With Etiquette music different from “stock” music?
Lot's of insights on selecting the right music for your next video from Patrick and Justin. We will have the Stillmotion team back on again in the near future!
Chris Fenwick was not able to join us this week due to a client commitment – he'll be back next week.
You see that little tab over to the right of this website that says “Send Voicemail”? Please give it a try and send us your questions and feedback. We'll try to answer your questions or read your feedback in a future #DCP episode. Thank you all for listening to and supporting the podcast.
Get Your Audio Bits Here:
Download (MP3 version): Digital Convergence Episode 88 – MP3
Carl Olson @dfilmtv
Cool Links From the Today's Show
Kris Simmons & Michael Gebbens KRE8insights – excellent resource for video business training
(cover photo credit: snap from the podcast site)