If my appearance as the first guest on a podcast means anything (and it has meant great success for the Digital Convergence Podcast as I was the first guest there!), then Paul Antico & Jason Sidelinger will have enourmous glory with their new podcast, “NeedCreative” (modest aren't I?). You can find them on iTunes
NeedCreative Podcast Ep. 2 – The Accessibility/Motivational Complex
In this second episode chock full of discussion regarding music and sound and story, Jason and Paul with special guest PlanetMitch (Mitch Aunger) from Planet 5D.com talk about:
- The Incident at Marmont short film co-produced by Mitch – the importance of sound and choosing the music
- Licensing of music – what are good sources to get great music for your piece?
- How music motivates Paul (and on-camera talent) to create visuals, often influencing the meaning of the visuals before he edits… or shoots
- Michael Mann and cinematography and music – how a story can be effectively told with just visuals and sound
- How the accessibility of gear can actually cause motivation to make something, but how it's not as simple as that
- “Mood stotries” and why we loved, and didn't love, Tom Lowe's “Timescapes”
- Mitch reveals that something new is coming out from Planet5D on the evening of July 17th… something exciting.
- Artist Picks of the week
- Podcast and Blog Picks
Find out more!
(cover photo credit: snap from the video)