Looks like the guys behind Magic Lantern have really stepped it up lately – this demo video and new release look really solid. I’ll be trying it out over the next few days and will give you a report. They’re saying this version is very stable and that many are using it every day for production applications.
We can safely say it’s no longer a hack, but it’s strongly heading towards a solid piece of engineering that you can trust.
Note… if you want to download it now, they’ve asked you to support their efforts (and you should!) with a donation. If you use ML at all in the past, I would recommend supporting them with a little donation as it will help them move further on newer cameras! The 2.3 version will not require a donation after August 13th.
They’ve supplied me with the latest download and I’m already very impressed with the new pdf manual – I’m excited to dive in further!
Magic Lantern v2.3 promo
Magic Lantern v2.3 features
Magic Lantern v2.3 represents an important milestone – professionals from all around the world are already trusting it for their paid work. We can safely say it’s no longer a hack, but it’s strongly heading towards a solid piece of engineering that you can trust.
We have worked a lot on bug-fixing and usability improvements and we sincerely hope you will find it a great companion for all your shooting sessions – from hobbyist to professional.
- Fast zebras
- Customizable menu and shortcut keys
- Automatic HDR bracketing
- A powerful timelapse tool
- Advanced FPS control
- Advanced ISO control
- Contrast and saturation adjustments for LiveView
- Image analysis tools in photo mode
- Very fast playback zoom
- A great support community
What do you think?
Are you willing to give it a try?
Are there enough features that Canon doesn’t supply that ML does provide to get you to use it?
(cover photo credit: snap from the ML site)
Latest posts by planetMitch (see all)
- Zack Arnold “Burn Notice” editor – the best podcast we’ve done! MUST LISTEN - August 13, 2014
- Shane Hurlbut on the latest planet5D podcast! - August 6, 2014
- Zack Arnold talking editing and fitness (what a combo!) on the next planet5D Podcast - July 25, 2014