New Firmware for Canon EOS 5D Mark III
Firmware Version 1.1.3 incorporates the following improvements and fixes.
- Supports the single focal length EF40mm f/2.8 STM lens that is to be released at the end of June, 2012.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which an image may become underexposed when using the Auto Lighting Optimizer for continuous Auto Exposure Bracketing (AEB) shooting.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the backlight of the LCD monitor may not turn off depending on the camera settings and timing.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the camera's power may not turn on when a super-telephoto lens*1) is mounted to the camera with an extender*2).
- – EF 300mm F2.8L IS II USM / EF 400mm F2.8L IS II USM
- – Extender EF 1.4X III / Extender EF 2X III
- Corrects mistakes in the Dutch, Italian, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, and Swedish menu screens
Firmware for 60D
Canon has issues a firmware update for the EOS 60D mid-level DSLR and 60Da astrophotography camera. On the 60D, firmware v1.1.1 corrects a bug that placed the wrong serial number in image EXIF. On both cameras it also fixes language errors in some menus. The company will announce updated versions of its software at a later date to correct existing images with the incorrect serial number. The firmware is available for download from your local Canon support site now.
Firmware Version 1.1.1 incorporates the following fixes:
- Fixes a phenomenon where the camera's serial number that is displayed in the shooting information of the image does not display the correct serial number.*1
- Corrects errors in the Greek, Italian, and Portuguese menu screens.
(cover photo credit: snap from the video)