We had Catherine Hall on our planet5D Live show about a month ago – she co-hosts the TWiT Photo show with Leo Laporte – and they're running a contest where they're looking for a hot emerging photographer to be a guest on their show – it could be you!
About the contest
Petaluma, CA – TWiT Photo, the premier photo show in the industry, has launched TWiT Photo Guest Quest, a search for the hottest emerging photographer. The flagship photography show on the TWiT Netcast Network is offering a chance to be a guest on a Winter 2011/2012 episode.
The contest will provide explosive exposure for a phenomenal photographer – the winner will share the spotlight with illustrious guests such industry legends as CreativeLive pioneer Chase Jarvis, NAPP President and No. 1 bestselling author Scott Kelby and Pulitzer Prize winner Vincent Laforet.
Similarly distinguished past guests such as Art Wolfe, Colby Brown, Tamara Lackey, Frank Doorhof and Zack Arias have signed up to be a part of the TWiT Photo Guest Quest judging panel.
To enter, emerging photographers with 5 years or less professional experience will submit a portfolio of 15-20 images based on a cohesive body of work that is a strong representation of their visual style.
From Oct. 25 to Nov. 22, participants must submit their entries to a preferred social media platform: Google+, Facebook, 500px, or Flickr.
The winner will be announced on the December 6 episode of TWiT Photo, as well as on host Catherine Hall’s blog.
TWiT Photo Guest Quest Contest Fact Sheet
- Guest appearance on a Winter 2011/2012 episode of TWiT Photo
- Will be featured on TWiT blog and Catherine Hall Studios Blog
Two Honorable Mentions:
- Featured on Catherine Hall Studios Blog
- Promoted through Catherine Hall Studios Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ accounts
- Mentioned on TWiT Photo
Deadline for submission: November 22, 2011, at 11:59pm Pacific Daylight Time (GMT – 7:00) (no exceptions)
Winner announcement: December 6, 2011, on TWiT Photo and Catherine Hall Studios Blog
Entries must be from emerging photographers who:
- Have 5 years or less professional experience and
- Earn less than 51% of their total income from their photography career
1. Submit a portfolio of 15-20 images based on a cohesive body of work that is a strong representation of your visual style.
2. Entries should be submitted to one of the following social media platforms (duplicate submissions will result in the entrant being disqualified):
(cover photo credit: snap from the video)
Latest posts by planetMitch (see all)
- My RØDE Reel: Watch Films and Vote! - August 21, 2018
- Sigma 14mm F1.8 Art, 135mm F1.8 Art and 70mm F2.8 MACRO Art Lenses for Sony E-Mount Now Shipping - August 17, 2018
- Create Powerful Films with Hurlbut Visuals Course on Cinematography - August 16, 2018