Switronix announces a new Torch LED Bolt – a light they claim it is “the light that will change everything” – quite a bold claim eh? Here's their promotional flyer and below is the press release – does it live up to the claim?
SWITRONIX RELEASES TORCH LED BOLT
Striking with the ability to change between variable color temperature outputs of 5600K and 3200K, the TorchLED BOLT out shines the competition. The TorchLED Bolt allows you to switch between 3200K and 5600K with the touch of 2 On Board Dimming controls (5%-100%), with no noticeable shift in color. The TorchLED Bolt gives a genuine 200 watt light output (7300lux at 2ft, and 3800lux at 1m), with the brightness and throw (40 to 50 feet) of an actual Halogen light in LED form. For event vidoegraphers, DLSR video production and more, The TorchLED Bolt serves as not only an on-camera lighting solution but can be positioned on a light stand for use as “sun gun”.
With its superior brightness the TL-Bolt can even be used outdoors where fill lighting is needed. With the convenient on/off switch, you have the ability to maintain your light settings even when powering off the unit. For powering options, The TorchLED BOLT comes included with a Powertap Cable for DC Powering off of a standard 14.4v brick battery, as well as a built in Sony L-series battery sled. The TL-Bolt also comes with a carrying case, a snap on filter holder, one Diffusion Gel and for on-camera mounting capabilities a 1/4-20 swivel Hot Shoe Mount.
“We’re very excited, we’ve been working on it for some time and it encompasses every feature an LED light should have. ”- Says Switronix product specialist Daniel Moore. He continued to say, “We receive input daily from cameramen still not satisfied with the throw of LED lights but utilizing this new LED technolgy should gain their approval.” Moore making reference to the Bolt’s 40 to 50 foot light throw.
- Material of Light Housing: Black, ABS
- Dimensions: 5.59″L × 4″W × 2.95″H (Light Body)
- Color Temperature: 3000K-6000K
- Illumination: Approx. 1800LUX(3200K, 1m), 2000LUX(5600K, 1m), combined over 200w output equivalent
- Weight: 1.15lbs.
- Electrical Consumption: 16w
- Power Supply: DC 7.2V-16.8V, Sony DV Battery
- Light Adjustment: PWM (pulse width modulation)
- Dimming Range: 5%-100%
Over the past decade, Switronix has established itself as one of the most prominent suppliers of batteries and charging solutions in the professional film and video industry. Switronix’s line also includes superior LED lighting, camera supports, converter cables, and accessories. For more information about Switronix, please visit switronix.com.
Buy one? Does it live up to the claim?
If you want, they're available now over on B&H here
(cover photo credit: snap from the Switronix team – other photos from them as well)
Latest posts by planetMitch (see all)
- Disney and Redrock Micro Collaborate to Bring New Technologies to Market - March 16, 2018
- Panasonic EVA1 vs Canon C200 – Camera Shootout 2018 - March 13, 2018
- Photographer Accused of Stealing an Image Discovers That Both He and the Other Photographer Captured the Exact Millisecond in Time - March 8, 2018