canonrumors.com just posted this CR2 rumor post: “Next EOS not a 1Ds4 or 5D3…. could be a 1D Mark 5?”
What I do know
The next EOS camera will NOT be a 5D Mark III.
The next EOS camera will probably not be a 1Ds Mark IV. Probably is the key word here, it could change.
The next EOS camera will not be an APS-C camera.
A new model camera introduced to the lineup, or a replacement of a current camera. I’m currently leaning towards a replacement of the 1D Mark IV.
Please read the rest of the post as there's more – including a spec list!
Here are the things we know are coming up – whether they mean there's a DSLR behind them we do NOT know…
- October 18th CPS event in the Netherlands
- October 26 announcement before PhotoPlus
- November 3rd announcment in LA
(cover photo credit: snap from the fake 5D3 commercial several weeks ago)
Latest posts by planetMitch (see all)
- Free Soloing El Capitan – A bit about how they filmed it - February 18, 2019
- Camera & Flask – Great Filmmaking Podcast - February 18, 2019
- Boycott the Oscars ** UPDATED – We Won - February 15, 2019