- No line skipping in video – uses whole sensor (4:50)
- Very little rolling shutter (5:00)
- No clean output but there’s no blackout and no frame rate drop either (6:10)
- Still a division between HDSLRs and the video cameras with HDMI out (6:25)
- Some samples of the new menus and audio controls (7:05)
- Display of audio levels and using silent controls (7:25)
- Can use shutter button to start/stop movie recording (and use remote controls) (9:00)
- Time code options (9:40)
- New dedicated button for magnifying image (10:45)
I’ve been at the Canon Pro Solutions show in London this week and was lucky enough to get a full run through of the video features of the Canon EOS-1D X from Mike Burnhill. I was allowed to shoot with the camera but sadly I could not take the video away. For me one of the great things is that the camera works with many of the existing 5D mkII accessories as you can see in the video. Sadly the camera is not available until March 2012.
Video by Felix Clay and Sam Morgan Moore.
(cover photo credit: snap from the video)
Latest posts by planetMitch (see all)
- Worth the money? Will the new Canon EF 35MM F/1.4L II Eliminate CA? - September 2, 2015
- Get Your Curated Industry News From Around the Planet and Contribute Your News - September 1, 2015
- JVC LS300 gets 4k, Sony a7RII video testing, 16TB SSD drives, and more on DSLR FILM NOOB Podcast - August 25, 2015