Side by side with the EF version
What is the planet5D Signature LockCircle?
I've been using a LockCircle body cap for my 5D2 for the past few weeks and it provides much more camera body protection than the plastic body cap that comes with your camera and it won't slip off like the plastic ones do… plus, the planet5D edition looks super sharp! The planet5D logo is etched with a laser during manufacturing and isn't a cheap sticker – it isn't going to come off. The planet5D Signature edition only comes in black and is the same price as the other LockCircle selections – $79.
About the lockCircle:
The LockCircle billett aluminum camera body cap is the ultimate eye catching accessory for your professional EF Mount camera!
The knurled edge and the exclusive finger-fit design provides extra-grip in every climate shooting session,
designed for total functionality without compromise!
Machined from solid billett aluminum features sanded textured surface with clear, titanium or black anodized finish.
The highly precision EF bayonet locks the cap in position with a “swiss watch” feeling, providing the necessary seal from dust or moisture.
The LockCircle was designed from the ground up to the most seamless and functional camera professional body cap.
More details about the LockCircle
- Precise EF mount bayonet built with ultra-precise specifications with a hole cut in the flange where the camera locking pin locks securely inside.
- To remove the LockCircle, the locking pin button on the camera has to be pressed and the cap can be removed, exactly like a lens.
- The aluminum bayonet has a hardener and porosity occlusion treatment to make it last forever, without any release of particles inside the camera body.
- The flange sits on the the body bayonet and seals completely the camera from the elements.
- All the surface of the flange and the camera bayonet ring are locked strongly in contact by the spring-loaded mechanism of the bayonet mount.
- Important design and testing has be done in the LockCircle section in the camera electrical contact area. Enhanced room for total safety use.
- It is impossible to touch the camera contacts by mounting the LockCircle.
- Special knurled surface and finger-fit ergonomic design for secure removal with sweaty hands or wearing heavy gloves. Solid grip in productions on the run.
- Tested on the field by cinematographers using HDSLR cameras in feature-film productions.
- Laser Marking
The LockCircle quality shows in this ‘making of' short
Hello……..we just uploaded a nice video about the LockCircle.
The Making of LockCircle shows the technical production process about the 66 cnc machining steps and other hardener/porosity occlusion treatments.
Also shows the care about the EF-Mount bayonet made to work with a “swiss precision feeling” …..on and off the camera gives to pro's a nice precision feeling…
locking and sealing seriously the camera body for the elements.
We start today delivering the first Lock Circle body caps sold worldwide to high-end professional photographers and cinematographers.
Enjoy the video…..we had a lot of fun doing this small in-house production…..
The planet5D Signature Edition LockCircle
We're so proud to share the first planet5D branded product
Our thanks to Dante and the entire LockCircle gang for asking us to be a part of this project!
Be the first on your block to have a planet5D Signature Edition LockCircle
(cover photo credit: snap from the LockCircle site)
Latest posts by planetMitch (see all)
- The Great Movidiam Studio Tour Promo Video – Worth a Watch! - February 22, 2018
- Get 15% OFF on DitoGear Products! - February 19, 2018
- AIR in MOTION Proof of Concept by Vincent Laforet - February 8, 2018