There certainly was a lot of discussion on the blog post where we announced the new LockCircle camera body cap – and tho I doubt it will convince anyone that didn't like the idea to buy, we present the ‘making of' video. Make your own decisions, but to me, it looks like it fills a niche. It isn't for everyone, but some will find it an interesting and necessary accessory for their camera and will buy.
By the way, Dante tells us the video was shot “with my mythical Canon 5D MkII…….. with a Micro-Nikkor AI-S 200mm f4,0”
The BTS on the BTS
Hello……..we just uploaded a nice video about the LockCircle.
The Making of LockCircle shows the technical production process about the 66 cnc machining steps and other hardener/porosity occlusion treatments.
Also shows the care about the EF-Mount bayonet made to work with a “swiss precision feeling” …..on and off the camera gives to pro's a nice precision feeling…
locking and sealing seriously the camera body for the elements.
We start today delivering the first Lock Circle body caps sold worldwide to high-end professional photographers and cinematographers.
Enjoy the video…..we had a lot of fun doing this small in-house production…..
About the lockCircle:
The LockCircle billett aluminum camera body cap is the ultimate eye catching accessory for your professional EF Mount camera!
The knurled edge and the exclusive finger-fit design provides extra-grip in every climate shooting session,
designed for total functionality without compromise!
Machined from solid billett aluminum features sanded textured surface with clear, titanium or black anodized finish.
The highly precision EF bayonet locks the cap in position with a “swiss watch” feeling, providing the necessary seal from dust or moisture.
The LockCircle was designed from the ground up to the most seamless and functional camera professional body cap.
Available right now for EF-mount, first days of September delivering the NEW F-mount edition!
- Precise EF mount bayonet built with ultra-precise specifications with a hole cut in the flange where the camera locking pin locks securely inside.
- To remove the LockCircle, the locking pin button on the camera has to be pressed and the cap can be removed, exactly like a lens.
- The aluminum bayonet has a hardener and porosity occlusion treatment to make it last forever, without any release of particles inside the camera body.
- The flange sits on the the body bayonet and seals completely the camera from the elements.
- All the surface of the flange and the camera bayonet ring are locked strongly in contact by the spring-loaded mechanism of the bayonet mount.
- Important design and testing has be done in the LockCircle section in the camera electrical contact area. Enhanced room for total safety use.
- It is impossible to touch the camera contacts by mounting the LockCircle.
- Special knurled surface and finger-fit ergonomic design for secure removal with sweaty hands or wearing heavy gloves. Solid grip in productions on the run.
- Tested on the field by cinematographers using HDSLR cameras in feature-film productions.
- Laser Marking
(cover photo credit: snap from the video)
Latest posts by planetMitch (see all)
- Scoutt – A Worldwide Platform for Location Scouting for Your Photo/Video Shoot - October 16, 2017
- The Syrp Giveaway Winners Have Been Drawn! - October 13, 2017
- Who Won the Kupo Sweepstakes? - October 13, 2017