Remember the Drobo 100 contest? we almost won! Tho we didn't win the grand prize, the folks at Drobo did decide to award runner up prizes and they're graciously giving us a few Drobos and we're going to give some away. You can see the winners in this Drobo announcement page.
With all of the huge photographs and video files coming out of the Canon EOS 5D Mark II (reviews) and other HDSLRs, you'll definitely need more storage and Drobos fit that bill perfectly (if you're not familiar with Drobo, watch the video below). I wish we had more to give away, but we're thrilled to be able to offer these!
The original contest was set up so that 1 winner would get 100 Drobos to give away in any way they saw fit – and we were going to run a contest to give away the Drobos to 10 different winners. Since we didn't come in first but still are receiving some Drobos, we want to honor our commitment and give some away. What the winners do with them is up to them – they won't be obligated to give them to charity.
Our plan is to give one Drobo away per month for the next 4 months! We'll do each giveaway a differently to spread the love around.
The first giveaway
The first giveaway will be pretty simple – we'll randomly draw the winner on August 1st of all of the people who are subscribers to our daily email. Simply enter your email address in the box below and make sure you process the verification email as we'll make sure it is a verified email address when we select the winner. Email addresses that aren't verified are not eligible to win! If you're already receiving the daily email, you're already registered!
Don't forget to watch for the verification email!
Some details about what we're giving away:
- We will be giving away 1 Drobo 4-bay at the end of July
- winner will be randomly selected
- Decision of the random number generator is final
- Winner will get the Drobo 4-bay unit
- Hard drives are not included (you can buy them at amazon if you'd like to support planet5D)
- I happen to like these drives: Western Digital 1 TB Caviar Green SATA II (tho notice right now the 1.5tb drives are only $2 more!)
- No purchase necessary, but you do have to be a validated email subscriber to the planet5D email list – add yourself to the list in the box above
- Taxes and shipping (outside the USA) will be the winner's responsibility
- Void where prohibited – we're not responsible for anything other than giving good stuff away
- The winner must agree to have their name published as the winner.
What is a Drobo?
I've had a drobo 4-bay (the USB2 model) for about 3 years now and I really enjoy it. I've been able to add additional drives to it and removed one when I needed additional capacity. I am hoping the new 4-bay units are a bit quieter tho – the one I have can be a bit loud in the summer when my office is warm.
Please tell everyone!
So, make sure you're getting the planet5D daily email and please tell all your friends! It would be great if you would tweet or post on facebook:
thanks and good luck!
- Drobo is not a sponsor for planet5D but we're thrilled they ran the contest (and I have owned my own drobo for several years).
- The original contest stated they were going to give one Drobo to each of the top 10 entries with the most votes. They've awarded us 5 as runner up; we're going to keep one of the 5 and give the other 4 away. We feel this is fair since there wasn't a runner up category and we did want to honor the original intent.
- Our links to them are affiliate links. If you decide to buy (assuming you didn't win) then we'll get a little commission.
(cover photo credit: snap from the Drobo 100 contest)
Latest posts by planetMitch (see all)
- Sekonic L-858 D Review by Barry Andersson - November 20, 2017
- Teradek Black Friday Specials! Save BIG Starting TODAY - November 20, 2017
- Timur Civan and Nigel Stanford Collaborates for “Automatica: Robots Vs. Music” - November 17, 2017