Vitaliy Kiselev has released a new hack for the Panasonic GH2 – Vitaliy is the same guy who released the first hack for the GH1… but it should be noted this is just the first release and many of the GH1 hack features aren't here.EOSHD]
* Initial support with many ported patches.
* Some new patches added.
* Bitrate patches are intended for testers only!
* Few minor software bug fixes.
1. You'll need this base firmware:
2. StreamParser by Chris Brandin as help tool to analyse AVCHD streams –
Other good idea is also use trial version of Elecard StremEye – www.elecard.com/en/download/products.html
3. Remember that most bitrate and fps patches are for testers.
Most of them work quite strange, so do not expect current GH1 patches behaviour.
With time we'll be able to understand GH2 AVCHD encoder better.
4. How to update firmware:
a. Load GH2 1.0E firmware, see 1. how to get it.
b. Check all necessary patches, Version increment must be always checked.
c. Save firmware. Just change last digit to any number you want.
d. Copy firmware to root of SD card. Fully charge you battery. Do not even attempt to use AC coupler!
e. Power off your camera if it was on.
f. Power on camera. After this press (not hold) green play button.
g. You'll see hourglass and prompt to update.
h. Press down arrow and after this Menu/set.
i. Wait until upgrade will be completed.
5. How to privide reports in this topic?
a. Use systematic approach (one-two changes at a time with careful thinking).
b. Shift-Click on round button in PTool to save your particular settings.
c. Paste here settings with detailed observation + MediaInfo screenshot + StreamAnalizer screenshot.
Other stories about the hack
(cover photo credit: snap from the EOSHD Story)
Latest posts by planetMitch (see all)
- Location Scouting? Blocker: An Augmented Reality Director's Viewfinder - October 20, 2017
- Scoutt – A Worldwide Platform for Location Scouting for Your Photo/Video Shoot - October 16, 2017
- The Syrp Giveaway Winners Have Been Drawn! - October 13, 2017