ikan has been with planet5D for a long time. Ikan is now sponsoring a new short film competition called HDSLR Revolution. And they’ve got a wonderful line up of judges – including Shane Hurlbut, Philip Bloom, Dan Chung and others. As well as a first prize of $10,000 in products! There’s a bunch of information on the HDSLR Revolution site.
The past year has been a revolutionary year in digital filmmaking. HDSLR cinematography has swept through the industry and continues changing the game. And ikan has been there from the beginning.
Now, with this year’s short film competition, we’re embracing and empowering the shift in technology that’s taking place in the world of filmmaking. Just as last year, the competition is totally free to enter, but weâ€™ve boosted our prize packages to $17,000!
In addition to great prizes, ikan is honored to have one of the finest groups of judges in the industry. These men are giants in their respective fields, and getting a shot to have them review your work is a prize within itself.
Simply create a film using your HDSLR camera that utilizes the ikan name, logo or an ikan product in a creative, positive manner. Your film must adhere to the simple, one-word theme of â€˜revolution’.
To Enter the Competition:
- Join the â€œHDSLR Revolutionâ€ vimeo group.
- Create your entry of no more than 3 Â½ minutes.
- Upload your video to the â€œHDSLR Revolutionâ€ vimeo group.
- Send us your completed entry form.
- Kick back until the winners are announced December 15.
- Adherence to the theme (yes, we know it’s broadâ€¦ but we know you’re creative!)
- Mastery of the HDSLR medium: winning videos will push the limits of the HDSLR in new and innovative ways.
- Originality in the usage of the ikan name, logo or an ikan product of your choice.
- Overall creativity of the entry, the story and the method of storytelling.
- Make sure to keep it clean. Nudity, foul language from small children and obscene or profane behavior are not recommended!
Deadline for entry is November 15th so you’d better get busy. I know that seems like a long way off, but you know how it is in the film business… deadlines creep up on you fast!
Blogger’s disclaimer: ikan is an advertising partner with planet5D.
(Photo credit: snap from the ikan competition site)