Tonight, we held the very first live HDSLR interview and chat with our guest Tyler Ginter (@tylerginter on twitter). It went pretty well (if I say so myself) with about 18 people online at the peak. We had lots of participation too in the chat – which is exactly what I'd hoped for – a community event. Not just a podcast or a one on one interview, but a group event where everyone got to ask questions and interact with Tyler live. And, I used the Canon EOS 5D Mark II as my webcam!
Here's the recording:
Some fun facts from the event:
- Combat Camera has ‘kits' out in the field with 2 5D2 bodies and lots of other camera equipment (including an expensive night vision.
- Each kit is about $25,000 – and includes 2 bodies, cases, gorillapod, etc.
- The plan is to have the kits in use for 3-5 years
- All of the 5D2s they've put in service are still in service
- They tend to try to leave one lens on the body during a shoot to keep the dust out
- If you want to see what is in the “kit” – here's a PDF from Tyler
One of the images he mentioned is this one:
Our thanks to Tyler for being the first and for all he and his teams do for the United States (and the world for that matter).
(Photo credit: snap from the video)