We've known it was coming, but now it is finally here! The firmware that gives the Canon EOS 5D Mark II 24fps has arrived and we've got full coverage for you!
I'm sure you want to get right into it… so here's the download link!
And if you've never done the firmware update before, here's a movie showing you how to do it from start to finish…
Besides 24fps, what does the firmware give us? I'll give you the short version and the long version is over on Canon's site.
- 24fps in video
- Sound Recording (Audio Gain Control)
- Tv manual movie recording (auto everything else)
- Av manual movie recording (auto everything else)
- Histogram in live view (before recording only – but also works for stills)
- Sound sampling frequency changed to 48 KHz
Interestingly, Philip Bloom says there's a hidden change as well – “Other good news is we have increase in recording bit rate to around 44 mbits now, up from around 38 mbits.” — so the video now spits out of the camera at a faster rate — that may cause problems with really slow CF cards tho?
Here at planet5D, we want to give you everything you need, so here's a visual walkthru of the new features:
Places you can visit for more information:
- Original planet5D post describing the features in the new firmware
- planet5D wiki page for the firmware
- Canon's page with the details on the firmware and detailed instructions
- Canon's download page